Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Letter to Self

    Everyone at some point in their lives has written a letter to themselves about their relationship, the good and the bad. How come we never listen to the words that are written in that letter? Instead, we try to justify our thoughts, make excuses for them and just ignore our true feelings. Sometimes "we" are truly afraid of what the outcome will be if we leave, if we stay, if we just trust ourselves and let everyone and everything go that we've worked so hard for. But wait, some say I know who I am, I know what I want, I know where I am going and I ask you REALLY???? Do you really know? You're not convincing me of these facts, you are convincing yourself. I've been there I know, I tried telling my friends that I'm happy I walked around smiling and even encouraging others but I didn't listen to my own advice.

Well, here is a letter that was written by a young lady that was in a relationship that wasn't going anywhere and she knew it but didn't listen to herself right away. She wrote this letter two years prior to the relationship ending and she found herself feeling the same way two years later. Don't be feeling this way two years from now!!!!


 

Check out the letter on the Articles by Women tab……

3 comments:

  1. Your article made some valid points. Women always down play the truth. It's about being honest within yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all guilty of what I call the "Outside Looking in Syndrome". Many times it's easier to judge a situation and suggest strong decisive moves when we are on the outside looking in on another's relationship.
    How can we get to the point where we are looking in at ourselves and making those strong decisive decisions about our own fate?
    That is, before years have rolled on by with no change and a false sense of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We look thru the window of others relationship but never see the full picture we can see the couch the chair and the love seat, in other words we see and hear what is told to us concerning others relationship,but then we concern ourselves in others business and get caught up before you know it ur own house is in disarray we fix it to cover it up but never look at the solution to fix the problem.....we can write all day and tell ourselves the words but we need to put all that to actual use and not procrastinate about anything....

    ReplyDelete